Question: Can I install or update TELUS security services without Administrator Rights?
Answer: No, you must be part of the Administrator group to install or upgrade following:
- Install TELUS security services
- Upgrade TELUS security services
- Spyware Protection engine
- Virus Protection engine
To verify if you have administrator privileges:
- Click on Start, point to Settings then Control Panel.
- Click on Users and Passwords.
- On the page that appears, choose the Users tab.
- Under the Group column, your user must appear as part of the Administrators group.
If Administrator does not appear under Group, contact the computer administrator to gain privileges or do the update.
You must have User Account Control (UAC) enabled to install or repair TELUS security services.
While using a Standard User profile, a user must provide the Administrator password to install TELUS security services.
To verify if you have the Administrator privileges:
- Click on Start, then Control Panel.
- Click on User accounts.
- Under the user name, "Administrator, Password Protected" should appear.
- When the User Account Control is enabled, all users must provide the administrative password to upgrade or install an application.