Problem: When I launch TELUS security services, I have an error message that says “You have not used your services for more than 30 days”. What should I do?
Solution #1: Verify the computer time and date
For Windows XP:
- Click Start, and choose Control Panel.
- Click Date and Time.
- Make sure the year, month, day and time are set correctly.
- Select the Time Zone tab.
- Make sure the time zone is set correctly.
- Click Apply to save changes.
For Windows Vista:
- Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel
- Click on Clock, Language and Region, then click on Date and Time.
- Click the Date and Time tab and then click on Change Date and Time.
- Verify that the year, month, day and time are set correctly.
- Click OK when you have finished setting the date and time to apply the changes
Solution #2: Repair Internet Explorer Settings
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools then Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab.
- Move the slider in the Settings section to Medium, the default setting.
- Now click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll to the end of the list and select Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0. (2.0 may be disabled by default, in this situation select Use SSL 3.0 only).
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Close TELUS security services activation window.
Solution #3: Run Diagnostic Utility.
- Click Start and then Programs or All Programs.
- Select the TELUS security services folder and then click Diagnostic Utility.
- A message will appear asking you to make sure the computer is connected to the Internet before continuing. Click OK.
Click Next. Tests will be perform.
Click Perform Repairs.
Select Remove Activation files and click OK.
Run TELUS security services. You should now be able to activate your services.