Question: My computer slows down and CoreServiceShell.exe consumes high CPU usage after installing TELUS security services.
Problem: If you run another program after opening TELUS security services, the CoreServiceShell process may start using more than half of your computerís processing power.
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below:
- Log in using an administrator account on the computer where you installed TELUS security services.
- Download this hot fix and save it on your desktop. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Click Save when the File Download window appears.
- Select Desktop as the location, then click Save.
- Double-click the Ti_30_win_en_AEGIS35_hfb1181.exe file that you downloaded.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
- Browse through the readme file, then click Install.
- Click Yes when the Module Update window appears.The message ďInstallation successful!Ē will appear after installing the hot fix.
- Reboot your PC and retest.
You may also consider the steps below to improve your computerís performance:
- Remove conflicting programs.
- Upgrade your computerís memory or system specifications.
- Make sure that your computer is malware-free.