Question: I cannot activate my TELUS security services. What can I do?
Verify the computer time and date
If the system's date and/or time are incorrect, it may prevent the download of TELUS security services.
For Windows XP:
1. Click Start, and choose Control Panel.
2. Click Date and Time.
3. Make sure the year, month, day and time are set correctly.
4. Select the Time Zone tab.
5. Make sure the time zone is set correctly.
6. Click Apply to save changes.
For Windows Vista/7:
1. Click on the Start menu, then click on Control Panel.
2. Click on Clock, Language and Region, then click on Date and Time.
3. Click the Date and Time tab and then click on Change Date and Time.
4. Verify that the year, month, day and time are set correctly.
5. Click OK when you have finished setting the date and time to apply the changes.
For Windows 8:
1. From the Start Menu Charms click Settings or press Windows key + I
2. In the Desktop settings click More PC settings.
3. In PC settings click General
Reset internet Explorer to Defaults
For Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9:
1. Clear Cache and Cookies:
2. Open Internet Explorer.
3. Click on Tools.
4. Click on Internet Options.
5. Click on General, then Browsing History.
6. Delete Temporary Internet Files and Cookies.
Check for Proxies:
1. Click on the Connections tab.
2. Click the LAN Settings button.
3. Remove all checkmarks.
4. Click OK.
Reset Internet Explorer to defaults:
1. Click on Advanced tab and click Reset.
2. Click on the Programs tab and click on Make Default
3. Click OK when the resetting is done, and close Internet Explorer
To reset TELUS Security Advisor, follow these steps:
1. Download the spdresetter.zip utility from http://support.radialpoint.com/client_images/telus/telusspdresetter.zip and save it to the desktop.
2. Right click on the file and select Extract AllÖ and then click on Extract on the window that pops up. This will create a folder called telusspdresetter on the desktop.
3. Open the folder and double click on resetSPD.
4. On the window that opens up, select yes (y) to reset TELUS Security Advisor state.
5. Reboot the PC.
This should trigger the activation flow again and you should be able to activate your security.
Should this fail, atteempt the following:
- Navigate to this link using the customerís Browser: https://tepgw.telus.net/cos/eprotectlogin.jsp?w=y (Note: only Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome are supported).
- Have the customer enter their username and password.
- Click on LOGIN.
- This will drop the activation cookie on the customerís PC.
- Wait 1-2 minutes, and then Reboot the PC.